Social Icons

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My FTL List

Lola had a minor freakout at the name Bucket List, so we renamed it the Freedom To Live list. Tis a list that allows us to do whatever we want outside of expectations, labels, etc. A few things that are on our list include:

- Mardi Gras in New Orleans
- Something nerdy
- Something extreme
- Pottery
- Take a bartending course
- Road trip it to L.A.
- Trip to Africa


Then we decided to start a bucket list for in the future.

- See the seven wonders of the world.. This one comes from Lola.. I think she's nuts.. but hey! lol

It's a work in progress. With any luck, we'll be able to accomplish (most) of it.

Wow. I started this post over 2 years ago. I sat down to write out my New Year's Resolutions and here I am,  reading through old drafts of posts long forgotten.  Well, need it be said that one of my NYR is to blog more?

I find that in my busy life, things I love to do get set aside. Writing has always been a passion of mine. I love the flow of words, the picture they can paint, and I love that my thoughts become clearer as I see them typed out on the screen in front of me. Life makes more sense in print. But that, my friends, is a topic for another time. 

So. My New Years Resolutions. Well, first let me give you my entire bucket list. Because somewhere in there lays who I am. And in 2013 I'd love to be able to figure that out.

So here it is: Mhea's FTL list. It's evolved, grown. I've included everything that has been on it since I was 12.

- Mardi Gras in New Orleans
- Something nerdy
- Something extreme
- Pottery
- Take a bartending course - COMPLETED Feb 2012
- Road trip it to L.A.
- Trip to Africa - COMPLETED Summer of 2010
- Swim with dolphins - COMPLETED Feb 2009
- Go wine tasting in Napa Valley
- Go for cooking lessons in Tuscany when I'm 35
- Be someone I'm not for a day
- Backpack through Europe
- Go to Vegas  - COMPLETED Feb 2012
- Take ballroom dancing lessons
- Go white water rafting - COMPLETED Feb 2004
- Visit the Grand Canyon
- Find the Charmed building in San Fransisco
- Get a tattoo - COMPLETED July 2012
- Visit Disneyland as an adult. No kids.
- Visit leaning tower of Pisa
- Learn to play chess
- Learn to play poker
- Take up calligraphy
- Renovate a house
- Make something out of clay
- Create something that will live on after I am gone
- Discover my life's purpose
- Learn to say 'no' without feeling guilty
- Make a difference in someone's life
- Join the Big Sister program
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen
- Write and publish a novel
- Be an extra in a film
- Sleep in a castle
- Create a coat of arms for my family
- See a platypus
- See gorillas in Uganda
- Hold a koala bear
- Watch turtles hatch and run to the ocean
- Have a bonsai tree
- Learn to forgive
- Learn to live in the now
- Go to a broadway show
- Go to Australia
- Go to Thailand
- Wear a dress with hoops

Alright. So I'm sure I'll add to it over the year. But as for my NYR?
- Get healthy
- Tick at least three things off my FTL list.
- Finish unpacking my house!
- Finish a couple quilts I've been working on
- Figure out what I'm doing in terms of work/ school
- WRITE MORE!

Well, I've been known to fall off the wagon. So I figure if I can start with small resolutions, I might have a chance of getting there.

Happy New Year's everyone!!

xoxo

No comments: