Social Icons

Monday, November 17, 2008

That Damn White Stuff...

At this time of year, I realize my dreams. I remember what I forgot. I recall my feelings. 

I remember how much I HATE snow. Ok guys, I seriously love living in Canada, I love everything about it. I love the fact that Kelly Ripa talks about how clean Canada is, and how she feels like she needs to buy a new pair of shoes so as not to track dirt on our pretty streets.. lol.. 

I love that when you visit other countries, people greet you kinder, look at you different. Apparently more polite.. lol.. no offense to my American friends!! :D

But then there's snow. Evil, white, cold, biting, terrible snow. I'd be okay with maybe a week of it. Then it needs to go away. Except for the weekend getaways to local ski hills, snow is okay. On those afternoons when you go tubing, and then sit indoors, sipping hot chocolate and watching the snow fall, I will deal with it. But for every other day, I HATE it. I couldn't see across the road for the better part of the day, and now where 2 days ago I could see green grass and the warm sun, only a thick white blanket of EVIL and cloud cover greets us. 

If you live where there is little, or no snow.. I'm moving to where you are.. I hate this weather. 

As of right now, my winter GETAWAYFROMTHISHELL trip schedule is as follows..
December- Carribean cruise
January- Edmonton- ok. Edmonton is actually colder. But if I don't go, I'm toast. 
February- Cancun I think. 
March- any ideas?!

I have to get out. Anyone want to move with me to a hot beach somewhere that has an unlimited supply of pina coladas and white freezies?? I'm game if you are... :D 

2 comments:

Sandi said...

I am LOVING the new look girl! SWEET!

I want to run away with you and I don't even have the snow to deal with. But heat and cold Pina coladas sound fantastic.

:Luvvie said...

why thank you! I must give full credit where credit is due.. DiamondKT is my own personal blogger santa.. and hooked me up :D.. very sweet of him, I must say..

mmm I'd settle for where you are then.. I HATE snow. I know, you couldn't tell from my post :P..