Social Icons

Friday, November 28, 2008

My Happily Ever After... On Hold??

me- "hello??"
voice- "Hello there Mhea! I hope you are doing well! This is your Happily Ever After calling, I just pulled your record and realized that you haven't really done anything to get to me in the past five months."
me- "Oh.. riighht.. Uhhh...?? I've been.. busy??"
My happily ever after- "I know. but don't forget about me.. I'm still waiting!"
me- "reaaalllyy."

So, my Dad thinks I'm putting my entire life on hold. He doesn't want me to stay in this little town and not move on with my life. But, let's look at my options. 
  • Go back to school- to do what?! I still have no idea what to with my life. the only thing i can see myself being is a mom.  
  • Go back to being a nanny- seems pretty stupid considering my little brother needs me here to be doing the same thing. 
  • Move out and get a real job- pfffft
I can't think of anything else. Hmm. oh! wait.. this one's my favourite.. 
  • Move to the Carribean and live my life drinking pina coladas sitting on the beach.
No? Fine. How about..
  • Move to Kenya to help the kids in the orphanage we're building??
So this essentially does not leave me much choice to begin with. Now let's look at why I WANT to stay. 
  • BabyBoy needs me! I'm the only one that understands his garble. I don't want him in daycare. He hearts me. I heart him.
  • I'm a little terrified of leaving my family again. Look at what happened last time..
So now Dad wants to know if he should put BabyBoy in daycare next year. Now, there are a lot of things to consider in actually moving out and getting a life back. 
  • friends. I'll actually see them more than once every 2 weeks.
  • Going out.. more than once a month
  • Independence 
Most of it has to do with other people. It gets very boring/ lonely living in the middle of nowhere. and I'm a VERY social person. Which is probably why I started this blog to begin with. If my family was living somewhere more populated, I would DEFINATELY be much happier. I moved from Edmonton (booming with people and fun) to the middle of nowhere (oh look! a truck went by.. well, there's my entertainment for the day!)

Ah well. I suppose I'll figure it out.. Tomorrow. :P

1 comment:

Sandi said...

I hate the feeling you are dealing with! Choices.....Decisions........
Go back to bed and just don't think about it!