Social Icons

Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Child Inside

I'm going to be very honest with you.. I still feel like I'm 12. With the addition of bills and taxes. 

Somebody once told me that there is no age where suddenly you feel like an adult. There's no transition where suddenly you feel that you are all grown up, ready to face the world. I had a moment where I felt flippin old when some kid bumped into me at the mall, and then said *to me* "sorry lady!" *to his friends* "old people!" (rolling his eyes). OLD people?! my friend and I just looked at each other. 

I still love the kid stuff. I love going to the store with friends to buy penny candy for the hell of it. Watching cartoons. Re-reading books I read as a kid.. maybe it's me trying to relive the 'old' days.. maybe it's time to realize that it's time I moved on.. 

childhood

3 comments:

Elle Field said...

In my world, you don't become an adult until twenty-five! What's wrong with re-reading the books you read as a child and eating sweets? Absolutely nothing. Embrace your inner grown-up child - it's allowed. :0)

Medio Pomelo said...

"Childhood makes More Sense" - I think that caption in your picture is so true and sums it all up for me. I first started to feel I was no longer the simple, naive, innocent kid I used to be when things started to be complicated, when emotions started to lose their simple black or white quelity, when life choices were no longer based on gut-feelings but on puzzled pros and cons. I long for the simplicity of my childhood.

Medio Pomelo said...

"Childhood Makes More Sense" - I think that caption in your picture is so true and sums it all up for me. I first felt I was no longer the simple, naive, innocent kid I used to be when things started to be complicated, when emotions started to lose their simple black or white quelity, when life choices were no longer based on gut-feelings but on puzzled pros and cons. I long for the simplicity of my childhood.