Social Icons

Saturday, September 27, 2008

I was born at least 100 years too late...

The events of this weekend have once again proved to me that I was born WAY too late. I think medieval times, or rennaisance would have been a better time period for me...

We left our quaint little town ( I say quaint as if it weren't just a blink-and-you-miss-it town) two hours before we were supposed to be arriving at the medieval times (www.medievaltimes.com), although we were three hours away. With my dad driving 120 in a 70, *shhh!* we met up with the 401 WAY ahead of schedule, however were confronted with a bumper to bumper gridlock of cars moving about 20 km/h. Argh. Then, the someone *shout out to my baby sister O* put the bottles upside down in the carrier, and milk spilt all over my black pants. Double argh. I then saw a sign that told me we were  an hour and a half away from our destination, and, looking at the clock, saw that we were supposed to be there in 45 minutes. Oy. Between all this, and a pain in the A$$ GPS lovingly called Bailey (that damn piece of..) Dad, through some very inventive and probably slightly illegal manuevering, got us there with six minutes to spare. Woot woot! Now the party can begin.

Dad dropped us off at the front door, and I hurried our little party in. I was so flustered trying to figure out tickets and  where people were that I nearly decked a poor 'surf' who came up to put a crown on my head, accompanied with the words "For you, my lady." After the other "ladies" and the "young squire" had been crowned, we were ushered in for pictures. Then we were seated. The Red Knight was to be our hero. It was really quite fun. The baby was clapping his hands, and engrossed in what was happening. 

So, dinner was served. Of course, no utensils, which is one good reason not to go there on a first date. The image of everyone attempting to eat soup, half a chicken, ribs, and potatoes with our hands were not the most attractive thing in the world, guaranteed. The baby was in his element. 

The service was great, the 'surfs' and 'wenches' went out of their way for all the guests in a way I've never seen before! The show was good, our Knight ended up being the one who was in love with the princess and saved the day. My baby sister O was chosen as the Red Knights "Queen of Love and Beauty", which was given to her by our crooked smiled, long haired knight. This had her smiling for the rest of the night. 

After about the second round of jousting, I was overcome with sleepiness. I was fighting to keep my eyes open. I can't lie, I was glad when it ended. We made our way to the hotel, where I had to share a king size bed (felt like a twin) with my two lil sisters. frig. Sleepless night anyone?

So today brought crappy weather, and so we decided to forgo the zoo, and instead made our way to Chuck. E. Cheese's, where we had pizza, played games, and exchanged our paper tickets for little knickknacks that no doubt are already in the garbage. Either way, it was a pretty good last few days. 

No comments: