Social Icons

Friday, September 26, 2008

Knight in Shining Armor & Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh MY!

So I'm procrastinating on packing the baby and myself up for a weekend in the big T.O. The whole fam is taking off for the weekend.

A moment of pure genius, I must say, when I, after having a not so great day, was found by good ole dad at the cemetary, just crying in my car in front of my mom's stone. We talked for a good two hours there, watching as the bright afternoon sky turned to black, and the bloodsucking mosquitos were out, preying on our exposed skin.

"Can we just go away for a weekend? Please? Not with friends, not with others. Just our family." Now, my dad is usually the biggest cheapskate in the world, but I suppose that between my tears, and where we were, he agreed.. mua hahahaha..

So, yesterday, I took advantage of my dads credit card and booked tickets for medieval times, a hotel, and made plans to take the kids to the Toronto Zoo..

This is where I am now.. listening to an audio book, typing away, attempting to force myself to start searching for everything we'll need for the weekend away. 

I'm a little worried about how the weekend will go. Ever since mom's accident, its a struggle to get my sister M out of bed, and heaven forbid I mention school! She's showing all signs of depression and I'm hoping this weekend will help.. 

I suppose I should go do something.. I still have to finish laundry and cleaning the house so that my brother J will have it sparkling for his party tonight. I know, *sigh*, I'm such a nice sister!

Either way, have a good weekend! <3

No comments: