Social Icons

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Birthdays..

Well, yesterday was essentially rather uneventful. I cleaned in the morning, my Grama brought me lunch, some friends of my dad's came over to visit him in the aft, then we played 10 000, ate dinner, had melted ice cream cake (I'm SO sick of ice cream cake. I'm definitely more of an angel food cake kind of person), I opened my cards, looked at the messages from my last bday from my mom, bawled for four hours, and then fell asleep to Return to Me, which my mom and I used to watch together every year on my birthday. 

And, the waterworks start again. Geez. 

I hate birthdays. I cannot ever really remember a great one. For example.

21 bday- first bday without my mom- enough said.
20 bday- I was in Edmonton, in bed, recooping from my car accident, begging my mom to let me come home.
19 bday- Depression ruled- hid away from the world in my cave of a room in University
18 bday- My mom almost died in the hospital after complications from a surgery

And it keeps going. Bdays are highly overrated, and I would do well to remember that. I love other people's birthdays, mine just do not bring memories I want to keep reliving. 

No comments: