Social Icons

Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Whole New World

So I just got back from Ottawa, where I was being introduced to a whole new side of me.. Let's see if I can explain properly.

The dad I have now is not my biological father. He adopted me when I was 3 years old. He's also the only father I've ever known. When my mom married my sperm donor (SD), he came into the marriage with a six year old daughter named Shannon. When they split, Shannon and I didn't see each other again.

Until about four years ago. I came home from school, and my mom told me she had found Shannon. We've seen each other probably around 4 times since, both of us being very busy, and avid travelers. So, this weekend I went to Ottawa, to meet the aunts, uncles, and cousins. 

It was pretty awesome :D It's neat to know that I have an entire family that I never really knew about. The weekend was filled with Wii, peach schnapps, cherry pie, blueberry pancakes made of mostly blueberries, a cat named Pudge, 'brown guy', 'zing!', 'you don't know me!', shwarma, pizza with broccoli, 'paper planes' by m.i.a. and family dinners. Oh, and SOOO much expresso :S...

Growing up, we never had much extended family at all, and I'd kind of wondered about what they were all like. Turns out they are pretty awesome!.. I can't wait to go back, and continue to find out more about the relatives I never knew. 

Btw, please checkout this blog. And this website. Thanks!

No comments: