Social Icons

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Why is it that when life gives you lemons..

you make lemonade?! why not make a lemon merangue pie?! Why are we so stuck on safe and normal?!

For instance, when you go to a restaurant, and are looking at all the options, why is it that we always order a quasadilla, or a hamburger, which we've had numerous times before, instead of something new?! Is it because you just don't want to make the decision? Is it because it's safe, and you know you are going to like it so might as well? Is it because the linguini with shrimp and avacado is just not 'normal' enough to consider??

Why are we a people who thrive on what is safe? Why do I not go and, despite my fear of heights and falling fast, go bungee jumping? Just for the hell of it? Why don't I wake up and randomly take off for a few days with a couple girlfriends? Why am I so content to be so complacent?

And it's the same with everything in life. I'm scared of new things. Things that are unfamiliar seem just silly to try. I'm terrified of making a fool of myself as well. Because whether I like it or not, I know that my decisions are partially decided by the kind of people I surround myself with. If something is deemed as a waste of time in the collective, then I'm definately not going to do it.. no matter how much I want to..

ok.. I may be ranting just a bit here.. sorry about that.. probably not making much sense either.. ah well.. maybe I'll be like the surfing instructor in Forgetting Sarah Marshall; "When life gives you lemons, just say 'F*** the lemons,' and bail."

No comments: