Social Icons

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Where in the world is..

Jonathan Taylor Thomas. 

I was wondering this as I was watching a very old episode of Home Improvement last night. I remember way back when I was in grade 2, and my bff N was in love with him. 

She'd come to school and tell us all about the latest dream she had that involved JTT. The most prominent one was where he came and whisked her away from school in the middle of class- a big production of course!- they'd drive off in his limo, and head for a very romantic lunch at... Harvey's. yup! Harvey's. Talk about romantic! Who wouldn't love a romantic lunch (because if she missed dinner with her parents, she'd be in BIG trouble!) with the smell of grease and heart attacks lingering in the air. When we all teased her about it, she insisted that it was very romantic because he paid the 'restaurant' to close down for those few hours so they could be alone. Oh baby oh baby!! 

Taking this little trip down memory lane caused me to think of all the little celebrity crushes going on nowadays. Zac Efron, the Jonas Brothers seem to be most prominent right now. I am the first to laugh at those who dream of "wouldn't it be nice if they noticed ME" and the "if I could just meet him, I know we'd be together forever!" But, I suppose, this is just them being kids.. If they want to dream of lunch with these boys at Harveys, have at it! 

I guess we laugh because we don't have those types of aspirations. Our eyes turn from Hollywood Hotties to the hotties living down the street that we'd never really noticed before. We turn from dreams to reality.

So to O, my baby sister, dream away little one, while you can. For tomorrow will hit you with a sad reality. 


By the way, today is Blog Action Day 2008, and I've created a link to a blog post about it, and some ideas on how YOU can help!! Check it out here! Lend a hand!! 

No comments: