Social Icons

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Elections.

Aw crap. that time of year again. My dad just called to remind me to go and vote, even if it is to just mess up the ballot. What's the point?! was my question. 'You have to exercise your right to vote!' came the reply. Well.. Its not that I don't know where to go. I can see the community center from my back window. And its not that I don't have the time.

It's just that I do not read the newspapers. I do not watch the news. I do not listen to the news on the radio. Call me naive, but I like my world as is. Not that I don't know what's going on out there... I spent the better part of my high school experience as the president of the Amnesty International chapter at our school, as well as the president of the Habitat for Humanity group at our school too. I know the world in general is in dire straights. 

However. I prefer to be completely oblivious right now. I don't want to know about the horrors going on around the world. Not when my life is good right now. Bah.. I'll come back to this topic in another post. Back to elections. 

So, since I don't read or watch the news, I know nothing of politics. I don't really know much about the candidates, or their platforms. Makes me a HORRIBLE citizen eh? Canada will now go down the drain because I don't know what is going on, thus I don't think I should vote. 

See, my not voting is really a favour to our country!! I think that people who know  about the candidates, and have spent time forming an opinion should be voting. I'm not one of them.  

Bah. I'm frustrated. Politics is something that just frustrates me to no end. I feel stupid for voting, and stupid for not. I guess I should pay more attention to what's going on. 

... or not!! :D

No comments: