Social Icons

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

In those books

I grew up in a fairy tale. I grew up in the pages of the books I read. Let me explain.

I started school early. When I was three years old. I loved it! I learned to read very early and that was my passion. At recess, I'd be swinging, reading a book, going down the slide, reading a book. Walking, reading a book. Some of the girls used to tease me because I couldn't go for a day without reading. At night, my parents would give me a time limit, and I'd always go past. Then they'd hit that horrid little red button on the electrical outlet in the bathroom that would cut all power to my room. 

Not only did I read a lot, but I read super fast. I'd finish books in a matter of a couple hours. This was my life. And I loved it. 

I loved becoming part of the story. Feeling the emotions, going to other places, escaping from everyday life. Books like the Narnia series, Nancy Drew, the Trixie Beldin books, Sweet Valley High, Roald Dahl, all books and authors that were part of the world I lived in.

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't one of those kids who had no friends, that the only friend they have are the characters in the book? nope! I had plenty of friends, it's just that my imagination worked overtime. 

Oh! and I learned to talk through my books. I learned new words everyday! And I knew them in context, however i couldn't say half of them. and I mispronounce words alll the time.. People used to make fun of me (my family mostly lol) and so I just don't even try to pronounce words that I'm 100% sure of. 

So, I still read (when I can), however I now enjoy writing.. So.. I may start throwing some of my old stuff up here.. 

But for now.. BabyBoy is calling my name.. 

1 comment:

Sandi said...

I love the way you write!