Social Icons

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Formal Affair...

I spent the better part of today driving kids around, calling churches about potential wedding sites for my friend Mel's wedding, and looking at bridesmaids dresses (I'm M.O.H. yikes.) What do you do when half the wedding party is a size minus 0, and the rest is umm.. a bit more.. curvy?? 

One bridesmaid wants a dress which is essentially the length of a long shirt, and goes down enough to show more than a little cleavage. Another wants floor length halter. And the bride wants us all to have the same dress.. For flips sake! And, to get rid of the hassle, she's placed the whole decision solely on.... yours truly. loverly. How do you appease 5 different girls, with different tastes, body types, skin tones, and ideas of the perfect dress?? Stay tuned for catfight to ensue. 

And the shopping went about as well as the calling around. After speaking to secretary after secretary, and priest after priest, I decided they should elope. That would solve all the problems! My dad always said that since weddings are so expensive, he will place the ladder outside our windows for us! I always wondered why he wouldn't just let us go out the front door?! Less chance of spinal injury. 

Then comes DJs, caterers, Bartenders and Liquor licenses, wedding favours, guest lists, invitations, bridal showers, and the list goes on!

Bah. What a hassle. All I can say is that I hope this is one of the best times of her life. If it is, then I guess it'll all be worth it.

No comments: