Social Icons

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Looking ahead..

I'm a nostalgic person. I enjoy remembering the past, so much so I sometimes forget to live in the moment. I remember when we used to ride in the old station wagons, and everyone would fight over the very back seats that faced out the back windows. There was something so appealing to watching the world as we passed it. But I find that that is what I do with my life. I keep looking backwards, remembering the past, living in it, so much so that I don't realize what's going on in the present, until it is also the past, and I'm grasping at the few memories I do have.

So this summer, I decided to live in the moment. I traded in the station wagon, and I took life head on. And I had a fabulous summer with so many wonderful people! I think that it's easier to remember the good times, than live in the unknown. I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop. So no more. I need to surrender it and move on!! I'm living in the moment, and giving each moment to Him. His plans are bigger than our own, a lesson I was taught in a huge way this summer. I can't wait to see what happens next. And that is the first time I've been able to say that in over two years. I'm looking towards the future, excited for what's going to happen next. Maybe I'll end up in Kitale. Maybe in Edmonton. Maybe in Mexico. But wherever it is, I know I'll be where He wants me to be, and where He can use me best.

Be Blessed
<3 Mhea

No comments: