Social Icons

Monday, August 23, 2010

My Home

Kitale, Kenya. Africa.

It's stolen my heart. I've found my home. So much has happened here in the last two months. Lola and I have been through the wringer time and time again, yet I never want to leave. So many amazing memories that we are bringing home with us.

I haven't really known what I'm going to do with my life, but at this point I'm thinking it has something to do with this town. It's not just the amazing people who actually need me here, but it's also how close I feel to my mom here. It's like she's here. I haven't truly allowed myself to grieve for my mother yet, but here, it's part of the journey. It's a daily struggle/ joy, celebrating her life. The whole reason I'm here is because of her. Leaving this week feels like I'm losing her all over again.

Here I'm needed. I've never felt so loved, or special as when I walk into a room here, and the whole room lights up. It's a huge ego-booster, let me tell you! There's so much I've learned. So much I've seen.

I may be leaving for a short while, but I shall be back. I'm home.

No comments: