Social Icons

Monday, September 6, 2010

Getting ahead of themselves?!

So, a year or so ago I wrote a few posts on my dad's dating life. Well, guess what. He's dating again! The same woman he started dating six weeks after my mother's car accident. He made me aware of this when I was in Africa, but didn't tell me to what extent they were taking their relationship. Apparently they are planning on being married by next summer. And are selling our house and trailer for 'bigger and better' things. And putting everything that has to do with mom into storage.

Now, I have no issue with this. I'm moving out, moving on, and will probably end up in Kenya full time. However I have an issue with how they are dealing with BabyBoy. They call her 'mom' and 'mommy' to him. 'Give it to mommy!' 'Say goodbye to mommy!' It's too soon. I'm annoyed and frustrated. My mom's life is gone, for this baby, and they are ripping what she's done away. They cuddle under the picture of my mom and dad. My mom's pictures are slowly being replaced with pictures of the 'new future wife'.

When my boss in Edmonton started dating his wife, he did the same thing. And I thought he was insane, and I said if anything ever happened to my mom, my dad would never do something like that because he had his head screwed on right. But I guess I was wrong. He's moving too fast, and not thinking through things. And ripping our family apart in the process.

I don't know who will still be talking in a year, where my monkey will be, or who he'll grow up to be now. I'm wondering what Dad'll tell the baby if they break up. I wonder what will happen to the baby if anything happens to Dad after his new wife adopts him next year. Most likely I'll never see him again. Most excellent.

I suppose it won't matter. I suppose I'll just move to Kenya, focus on everyone I can help there, and trust Him. Because that's all I can do.

No comments: