Social Icons

Friday, July 2, 2010

Paris

Lola calls it adventure, I call it hell. The unknown. Especially when tired.

So we arrived in Paris and were greeted with the longest line for customs that you could ever imagine. It took us at least an hour to get through that fun line, and as a reward I got a stamp in my passport. Didn't ask me any questions, didn't care why we were there, just stamped my passport and nodded me on. Then we were greeted by this wall of large tv screens that were blinking, in bright alternating yellow and red 'Air Pollution Warning Today'. Epic!

Then onto the subway! One way trip is over 8 euros each to the Eiffel tower. Plus you get to get lost. Fun! But, at last, we arrived at the tower.. Sweaty, tired, and worn out. So we found ourselves a patch of grass and we people watched.

You would not believe the military presence in this country! A little nerve-wracking when you bump into someone and turn to apologize and see they are holding a rifle.


~Mhea


*****************************

4:29 PM

Firstly I'd like to emphasize the fact that we did not once get lost on the subway, despite Mhea's lack of faith in my sense of direction.. Which may have a vague history of validity, but nonetheless we efficiently weaved ourselves through the subway system and made it to the eiffel tower!

- Lola

*****************************

7:00 PM

So what's a good way of getting people's attention in an airport? Loud bomb noises!

Mhea had a minor freak our, well maybe not so minor, but at least she didn't scream as loud as the little girl in line ahead of us. Soon after the loud bang that literally shook that part of the airport, we found that someone had left their baggage unattended for a period of time, so as a security precaution the police blew up the baggage... and blow it up they did!! There's never a dull moment in Paris.

- Lola

*****************************

7:07 PM

For the record, I did not scream. But I did  realize I'm not invincible.. And now the prospect of Kitale scares me a bit.

-Mhea

No comments: