Social Icons

Friday, January 15, 2010

My Relief

Last week, millions of Americans and Canadians who share the love for the hit TV series 'Lost' held their breath as they waited for word from the White House on whether the premiere would be pushed back for the Obama's State of the Union speech.

I was admittedly one of those millions.

Luckily, the White House determined that Lost trumps the President so, we can all relax, sit back and wait to be completely, totally and udderly confused. Anyone who has seen Lost knows that the idea for the show was probably conceived after ingesting large quantities of LSDs and other hallucinogens. Anyone who can come up with such a strange, twisted, confusing, complicated storyline without the help of such drugs should probably be committed. I've often said that I believe that the writers of Lost probably sit around a storyboard getting high. Every once in awhile they move on to something stronger, and that's when the story gets really twisted. Who else could come up with polar bears on a tropical island, moving an island through time, a black cloud monster thing that eats people, etc? And the way everything fits together? Brilliant insanity.

And yet, I, along with millions of other viewers like myself put ourselves through the weekly torment of having no idea of what is going on, assuming that everything will be explained, and all the loose ends shall be tied in the final season. Alas, the producers have let everyone know that our curiosity shall not be satisfied. They will keep us guessing, and probably will have set the stage for fans to be arguing whether it was a good ending or not for decades to come.

I had promised myself I would not get swept up in the Lost phenomenon, much like I did with Twilight. However, once again, I gave in and joined the movement. As a person who hates philosophy, loves it when 2+2=4, and a+b=c, I have a feeling this ending is seriously going to frustrate me!

~Mhea

No comments: