Social Icons

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Winter Memories

So while I'm trapped in this land of snow and ice, I've been reminiscing of winters past.  This was my life last year, a letter I wrote to one of my friends from Ontario..

"So, after a treacherous drive to M's school, I then find myself STUCK in the middle of the flippin road! I mean.. COME ON!! firstly, edmonton doesnt plow the roads that often, and definately not the sideroads. secondly.. in the - 46 degree weather, where your face can freeze in 5 friggin minutes, its a lovely thing to be stuck. thirdly, I am stuck beside the house. Like, the garage door opener works.. BAHH!!!.. so .. I go and get construction workers.. to come help me.. and it takes 3 of them to push me out. They say, how do you wanna do this? I go "I dunno! I'm from ontario.. they actually plow the roads there, and we are SISSIES and STAY INSIDE!! (ps- I'm very proud of that)"... so now, as I listen to sirens go by, and wonder why I'm in this terrible climate.. I think of the poor ppl on the bus that is stuck on 23 ave, or the cop who has veered off into the snowbank off Riverbend, or our paperboy who is no doubt frozen stiff probably just off 22 ave, because we didn't get a paper this morning! So, I sign off.. Freezing in Edmonton.. 
ps... ont the bright side, we are supposed to get HIGHS of minus 26!! isnt that EXCITING?!.. 
I think I should move back to Ontario to get away from this forsaken land of ice and snow. PEACE!"

Clearly I was very mistaken if I thought I'd get any break from the horrible weather I'd experienced in Edmonton by coming back to Ontario. I think this is Rag on the Weather week.. however, I'm allowed. I'm a weather girl and so not impressed. Ready for the hot weather to be back. 

No comments: