Social Icons

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

He's got it.

I always seem to think I can do it myself. Even something so simple as the daily grind, I've come to realize isn't solely my battle. So when it's something huge, like say, a move to Africa, and I'm worried, and debating about things alone, I'm just fooling myself. Because I'm never alone. And He is right there beside me helping me, though I sometimes don't care to admit it.

There are so many things to consider when moving to Africa. However I only had one. My dog. Sounds absolutely ridiculous, but I love my puppy/ grief counsellor/ teddy bear/ pillow/ foot warmer/ friend etc. I absolutely adore him. And this was the one thing holding me back from moving.

I worried, I debated, I cried a little. And then one of my best friends, someone I hadn't seen since before Africa, and I hadn't told about my concerns, randomly told me she knew I wanted to go back to Africa, and she wanted to take Toby for that time. Long, or short. *Insert huge sigh of relief here*. There is nobody I'd rather leave my baby with more. She was there when we got him, and through his training, it's so perfect.

So now Africa is waiting, I'm just organizing everything, and then I will be able to be off. All my concerns have been put to rest. And once again, I've been taught that I need to let go. Put my faith in Him, and remember that He's got it. And no matter how much I try to do it alone, He keeps showing me that He never has, and never will, leave my side, and allow me to walk alone.

No comments: