Social Icons

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Weddings = a political pain in the ass.

With all the buzz about weddings, I've come to realize that there is a huge element of politics just in choosing your bridal party. So, I've decided to see just what my own wedding party would look like. 

So, if I had to decide on my bridal party right this moment, it would be as follows:
Maid of Honour- Lola
Bridesmaid #1- Petra
Bridesmaid #2- Femke
Jr. Bridesmaid #1- Sister M
Jr. Bridesmaid #2- Sister O
Ringbearer would CLEARLY be my BabyBoy

The first three are really my best friends. I've already been told, not asked that I'll be MOH for Femke, and, although she's only been dating her new boy for 6 months, I've already met the best man..

Now that I think about it, I can understand why so many people have so many bridesmaids! There's still Hannah, my friend since birth, Steph my best girl from Edmonton, my sister Shannon, Melissa, and thats just the start! All would be horribly disappointed if I didn't have them in my wedding. 

But then, there are just as much politics in who to INVITE to the wedding. Where do you draw the line?! Do you include everyone on your facebook list? Do you keep it to close friends and family? If so, what about those close friends that you just suck at keeping in touch with?!

See?! As if there weren't enough worries with the wedding itself, and the marriage itself, you have to add all this other stress. 

I've come up with the best 2 choices, as far as I can see. 

1) A beach wedding. Anyone who wants to come, feel free! Dance and DJ, BBQ to follow. :) HOW FUN?! Minimal stress, still beautiful. 

2) Destination Wedding. Your favourite ppls and you in the Carribean, celebrating your big day?! I'm so down! 

As for the wedding party.. well.. I'm not getting married.. so I can only pity those who are.. ha!!

<3> Mhea

No comments: